We have just launched our new line of hair care. As we do not test on animals, we sent to products to our entire team at Mont Echo and their immediate families (parents, children, spouses, cousins, etc.) to try. Everyone was delighted with the results!
- Men really like the shampoo and serum (occasionally), especially for dry and itchy scalps.
- Mothers loved the shampoo and conditioner for children. While not tear-free formulas, both are gentle and work wonders on tangles.
- All the women loved both the shampoo and conditioner, and many noted in particular the detangling and smoothing effects of the conditioner.
- Serum use depended on the type of hair and hair health. For dry and brittle hair or hair damaged by chemicals or colours, users reported that it really nourishes and revitalizes. If you have fine hair, we find that you should leave in for less time and be sure to rinse well. Those with dry and course hair found that they did not need to rinse at all. After two or three treatments, the difference in hair smoothness and appearance was remarkable.
Testing for Safety
Skin Deep is a website that allows you to test cosmetics and their ingredients to know the potential dangers of use. I decided to do the test with our shampoo, our conditioner and our serum – and of course they all rated excellent! This is a great site to research your current and prospective care products’ ingredients. This is not a test for natural but rather a test of reported potential harmfulness. Natural ingredients can, of course, be dangerous and it is well worth considering this when shopping for products for you and your family.
The site: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep
This site rates on two factors: toxicity of ingredients (rated from 0 to 10, with 10 being toxic) and existing knowledge and research on each ingredient (color-coded)
All but 3 of our ingredients have a score of 0, which is the best and least dangerous. One received a score of 2 and two others received a score of 1. All scores are incredibly low on the scale and indicate no danger. All were green, with reliable data for confirmed their non-toxicity. This is an amazing achievement!
The only ingredient that is not rated on the site is “sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate”, which is a mild cleansing and foaming agent derived from coconut and corn. I wanted to be sure our customers get complete information, so here is an objective rating of the ingredient from another consumer guide called, “the Good Guide”:Sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate raises no health concerns because:
- It is not on any of GoodGuide’s lists of toxic chemicals which cause suspected or recognized health effects
- It has not been detected in human tissue or urine
- It is not a high production volume chemical that lacks safety data
So go ahead and indulge yourself with Mont Echo’s hair care and get healthier hair without risking your scalp!